CoEd Varsity Track & Field - CoEd Varisty Track & Field Winter/Spring 2020-2021
Hello Hayfield Track and Field Family!
I hope you and your family had a happy, safe, and relaxing summer! HAPPY FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL! This letter has information regarding (1) The VHSL decision to delay the start of sports and some (2) administrative items related to paperwork to take care of if you wish to compete on the track and field team this year. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Maguder (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Coach Howick (email@example.com) or any of the other coaches via remind or their emails.
- Please join the Winter Track and Field Remind. This is where all important announcements will be posted. Information will also be posted on the website.
- Link: remind.com/join/haywt
- The VHSL Executive Committee voted in a special session to adopt the following Model for the reopening of sports and activities for the 2020-21 School Year. This model allows for all sports to have a season.
Model 3 – Condensed Interscholastic Plan
- Season 1 (Winter) December 14 – February 20
- First Contest Date – December 28
- basketball, gymnastics, indoor track, swim/dive, wrestling
- Season 2 (Fall) February 15 – May 1
- First Contest Date – March 1
- cheer, cross country, field hockey, football, golf, volleyball
- Season 3 (Spring) April 12 – June 26
- First Contest Date – April 26
- baseball, lacrosse, soccer, softball, tennis, track and field
*We are not sure what indoor track and field will look like, but we hope to know in the coming months and we will forward that information to you when we receive it.
- Medical Forms to be complete before participating on the Track and Field Team – Please get these done ASAP if you can! To attend pre-season practices after 09/08/2020 you have to have a valid physical on file and all of the other forms completed. We will probably not start pre-season conditioning until mid-October. TRY SENDING ALL THESE DOCUMENTS IN THE SAME EMAIL!
- Students must have a completed physical exam prior to participating in high school sports. The exam must be completed by a MD, DO, NP or PA on the current VHSL form. The form must be completed by the physician after May 1, 2020 to be valid for the 2020-21 school year. Completed forms should be e-mailed to Tay McCallum (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Also CC Coach Maguder and Coach Howick please). The physical will be valid for the 2020-21 school year.
- Parent and Student Sports and Concussion Education - Please note that only page 59 of the document should be printed, there is no need to print the entire document. Parents and students are required to review this document and return the signed form (Page 59 ONLY) to school prior to participating in high school sports.
- Concussion Education
- A new Emergency Care Card should be filled out for each season an athlete participates in a sport.
PLEASE EMAIL TO COACH MAGUDER & COACH HOWICK
- Emergency Care Card
- Student-athletes in FCPS are required to be covered by medical insurance. If your student is not covered by another plan, there is a link below to an option.
(ONLY IF YOUR DON’T HAVE PERSONAL HEALTH INSURANCE.) On the physical, there is a page to put down your insurance.
More information (yellow day practices, uniforms, etc.) will be passed along as we get closer to the season and into the fall. Thank you again for your attention and unwavering support during this time. The coaching staff misses everyone tremendously. Please do not hesitate to reach out to any of the coaches if you need anything or have any questions.
Hayfield Track and Field Coaching Staff