CoEd Varsity Track & Field - CoEd Varisty Track & Field Winter/Spring 2021-2022
All of the information for the first week of winter track and field can be found below.
Schedule for the first week of practice and where to meet can be found below- November 8th-12th. Practice will run from 3:30pm to 6:00pm for sprinters and jumpers. 3:30pm-5:30pm for throwers and distance runners. Please come early to check in, it will speed up the process. REMEMBER! You need a physical either on file or in hand, R-SCHOOL completed and your vaccination information on file to practice. If you do not have any of these you will be sent home. Please look below for required paperwork.
11/8: Meet in the auxiliary gym (located across from the weight room). We will do a paperwork check, go over team rules, introductions, event groups and proceed outside for practice. PLEASE arrive early and come dressed and ready for practice.
11/9: Meet in the Middle School Lecture hall. We will go over uniforms, spirit wear, fundraising for the season, and then proceed outside. PLEASE arrive early and come dressed and ready for practice.
11/10: Meet in the auxiliary gym (located across from the weight room). Continue talking about team rules. PLEASE arrive early and come dressed and ready for practice.
11/11: Meet in the Middle School Lecture hall. Continue talking about team rules and then proceed outside. PLEASE arrive early and come dressed and ready for practice.
11/12: Meet in the Middle School Lecture hall. Continue talking about team rules and proceed outside. PLEASE arrive early and come dressed and ready for practice.
If you have any questions please email Coach Maguder @ email@example.com
Required Paperwork for Winter Track!
Required Paperwork to participate in VHSL Sports:
1. VHSL Physical: VHSL Pre-Participation Exam Form Students must have a completed physical exam prior to participating in high school sports. The exam must be completed by a MD, DO, NP or PA on the current VHSL form. The form must be completed by the physician after May 1, 2021 to be valid for the 2021-2022 school year.
2. FCPS activities and athletic programs transitioned to a new online student registration system. This new system offers a host of benefits for schools and community members including:
- One stop shop for registering your student for athletic programs and many common activities occurring throughout the school year
- Electronic submission of the emergency care card and weight room waiver- only have to fill these out once!
- A new home for the state-mandated concussion education program
- Each family will create an account and from this account, can register their student(s) for various activity and athletic opportunities.
- The new registration site is available here: https://hayfieldsecondary-ar.rschooltoday.com/
- If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact the Student Activities Office (703) 924-7472.
- If you have any questions regarding Concussion Education or the physical please contact Tay McCallum (703) 924-7579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Vaccination proof / exemption.
Students who are 16 years of age or older (age as of November 8 for the Winter season) and want to participate in athletics will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have either a medical or religious exemption. Unvaccinated students who are 12-15 years of age must provide a weekly negative COVID-19 test to be eligible to participate in team activities. More information on how to provide proof of your vaccination or information on how to apply for exemption, please click here
4. Please fill out this google form so we have all of your information: Student-Athlete Information. It is required so we can add you and your parent to the email list.
5. Please join the team REMIND. The code is: hayspringt. It is imperative that you are on the remind so you can have access to any quick updates.
If you have any questions, please contact Coach Maguder: email@example.com
Hello Track Family!
Pre-Season workouts will begin on 9/20. Workouts will be held Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 3:30pm-5:00pm. Meet at the ticket booth at the entrance of the stadium.
To participate, you are required to have:
1. A Physical completed by your doctor. It must be completed on the 2021 version and completed after May 2021. Please refer to the announcement below for the form and more information.
2. R-School Registration completed. Here is the link: https://hayfieldsecondary-ar.rschooltoday.com/
3. A mask or face covering. They are not required outside, but are required if we go inside the building or in the weight room.
4. At least 32oz of water. We recommend and prefer that you have more than 32oz of water.
5. Please fill out this google form so we have you and your parents information on file: https://forms.gle/W6bv9W5SHbuf5VXs7
6. A cellphone to complete the COVD-19 questionnaire.
General information: They will be led by Coach Garcia and Coach Sterrett. They are open to all event groups and highly recommended to be attended if you are not currently playing a sport or participating in a current activtiy. The focus is to get into good shape and get stronger before the season starts. We will get into more specific training and event groups when the season begins on November 8th.