Announcements and Important Events
While we are all still trying to navigate these uncertain times we wanted to forward some important reminders. As we know the VHSL has come up with a plan for all sports to have a season this year. As in the past there will be certain requirements that ALL athletes will need in order to participate. All Athletes will be required to have a VALID VHLS physical on file dated May 1 or later, a signed Emergency Care Card, and parent/Student Concussion Education. We are encouraging ALL families to begin this process NOW and get the paperwork turned in ASAP so it is on file ready to go. As for now only the Emergency Care Card is necessary for an athlete’s participation in Yellow Days. HOWEVER, once we are able to transition to GREEN days ALL of these requirements will be necessary in order for athletes to participate. Below are the links for the information required (this NOW includes GREEN days once teams are able to transition to this step) :
- VHSL Physical: VHSL Pre-Participation Exam Form
- Students must have a completed physical exam prior to participating in high school sports. The exam must be completed by a MD, DO, NP or PA on the current VHSL form. The form must be completed by the physician after May 1, 2020 to be valid for the 2020-21 school year.
- Concussion education: Concussion Education
- Parent and Student Sports and Concussion Education - Please note that only page 59 of the document should be printed, there is no need to print the entire document. Parents and students are required to review this document and return the signed form (Page 59 ONLY) to school prior to participating in high school sports.
- Emergency Care Card: Emergency Care Card
- A new Emergency Care Card should be filled out for each season an athlete participates in a sport.
- Voluntary Student Accident Insurance: Voluntary Student Insurance
- Student-athletes in FCPS are required to be covered by medical insurance. If your student is not covered by another plan, there is a link below to an option. PLEASE NOTE: If you athlete is participating in Football they MUST purchase the football option (this is ONLY if you do not have personal health insurance)
We ask that you forward this to all of your athletes and encourage them to get these completed ASAP so they are ready to go once we can transition. All completed forms can be emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you or any of your athletes/parents have any question they can email me at any time. Again we are all in this together and excited to get back out there as quickly as possible. We are hear to help in any way we can. Thank you and GO HAWKS!!!