In order to participate in a sport at Hayfield Secondary, your son and/or daughter must complete the following:
- VHSL physical on the April 2017 form http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/smac-ppe-2017-181.pdf or https://www.fcps.edu/activities/student-athletics
Please aware of the signatures that are required on the following pages:
- Bottom of page 1 (student)
- Bottom of page 2 (parent and student)
- Bottom of page 3 (Doctor’s signature, address and date)
- Bottom of page 4 (2 parent signatures required)
- Emergency Care Card- (http://www.fcps.edu/it/forms/se3.pdf) please turn in 2 copies, one to remain with the athletic trainer and one to go to your son/daughter's coach. You will need to complete a new one for each season that your child participates on a team.
- FCPS Participation Policy. Signed by student and parent and returned to the coach.
- Student Concussion Education https://www.fcps.edu/activities/student-athletics
- Must be completed after May 1, 2017 for the upcoming school year
- MUST be completed in Mozilla, Firefox or Safari by the student-athlete who is participating
- Make sure that you enter your student id number when you begin
- Parent Concussion Education https://www.fcps.edu/activities/student-athletics
- Must be completed after May 1, 2017 for upcoming school year
- MUST be completed in Mozilla, Firefox or Safari by the parent/guardian of the student-athlete participating
- Make sure that you enter your child’s student id number when you begin
Additionally, your child must have health insurance in order to participate, if you don't have health insurance, you must purchase a School Accident Insurance plan. Go to http://www.kandkinsurance.com/sites/K12Voluntary/Pages/Home.aspx to sign up for a plan. *Note: if your son/daughter is planning to play football, you must purchase a sport specific plan on the website.
No one will be permitted to tryout unless the all of the above requirements are completed. All must be completed by the first day of tryouts for each season.